Saturday, July 01, 2006

Too Long...

Wow, a half a month since I posted, I know, that's tooooo long. I have some good excuses, but won't bore you with them, let's just say we've been busy, not always doing things we wanted to be doing. But, guess what, I'm on Vacation now!!!! Yay, 2 weeks of doing whatever I want!!! Well, I'm going to take this opportunity to catch up on all the cleaning my house needs, as well as some scrapbooking hopefully. I shouldn't promise anything though, because Lobster Carnival is next weekend, and I've yet to figure out how long I'm going to be home for, so I may get nothing at all done, which would be fine too!!
This weekend is Festival of Light in Charlottetown. I'm disappointed that I missed last nights concerts: Matt Mays and Sam Roberts, but we're heading down this afternoon to see the Joel Plaskett Emergency - I'm pretty excited!!!
The pictures you see are of my garden and flowers before our rain storm yesterday. Things I've learned about gardens: 1. most flowers need more sunlight than I have provided. Never plant your garden on the side of your house that gets barely any sun and never plant it under a huge chestnut tree!! 2. never place your garden in a place where water from your roof will pour off, creating a huge trench in the soil!!! I guess you learn from your mistakes!! Maybe I'll try to fix up the soil tomorrow. Can't do it today because it's Canada Day and everything is closed!!
Had my last card class at the shop yesterday. I enjoyed doing them, but I must say, I'm looking forward to a break. Don't know how many Fridays I want to work at the shop over the summer, I think I may take a vacation from that until September as well.
Well, I'm off to get ready for our trip to Charlottetown.

No comments: