Saturday, July 15, 2006

Being the 26th Customer

Yep, that's right, unlucky number 26. We went to the grand opening of M&M Meats here in Summerside today to pick up some goodies for bbq-ing. We were standing in line, waiting to pay, when all of a sudden the people at the cash register started cheering. The person in front of us was the 25th customer, and every 25th customer of the day was getting a prize. Mind you, it wasn't like a million dollars or anything, it was a pizza pan, but it just goes to show you that I'm not a lucky person. I've never had much luck winning things, but I guess it makes it even better when and if you do, for example, I will never forget when I won that cake at the cake walk back when I was little. It was an amazing cake that everyone was ooohing and aaahing over the whole time, and then I won it. It was pretty exciting. And last year I won a rubber stamp from a scrapbook store back home. I just keep buying those lottery tickets and hoping that someday I'll be lucky again!!
Not much else going on this weekend. It's beautiful outside today. I helped decorate for a wedding reception just outside of Charlottetown yesterday. I have some pictures that I'll post when I put them on the computer. It turned out really pretty, it was kind of a garden theme so we put potted plants on all the tables and fresh flowers everywhere. The weather would have been great for the wedding today.
We had a little picnic on our back deck for lunch today, we made yummy sandwiches and had pasta salad. It was great. I'm trying hard to enjoy my last couple of days before I have to go back to work.
Oh, and I now have plans to go wedding dress shopping on August 17th!!!! It will be me and my mom and Mel and Christine and Dawn going I hope. We'll go to Halifax and Dartmouth, and I hear there's a great place in Windsor I'd like to check out. I'm excited about it because everyone will be able to come with me. Bought some awesome brown and blue ribbon at Old Navy of all places yesterday for the wedding. It's about 1 1/2 inches wide with huge polka dots - I love it. Bought some candles at Michaels too. Decided to go with round candle holders for the tables with ribbon tied around them, and bright gerbera daisies in the middle of each table. It's all sooo exciting for me.

No comments: