Friday, July 21, 2006

Exciting News and a Couple of Layouts

I just got some very exciting news!! My friend Denise,
who just got married in early June, is pregnant!!
Yay!! I'm soooo excited for her. She is only very newly pregnant, like, not due
until March, but it is such great news. The other girls I was at the wedding
with and I knew that this would be happening soon, but I don't know if any of us
(Denise included) really thought it would happen already.

I've been
scrapping most of the day. It was rainy here. I'm still waiting for Bevan to get
home - really hoping he made his last flight on time. They only had 40 mintues
to get from one flight to the other, and from what I could tell from the online
info (yes, I was stalking his plane!!) the arriving flight was 15 minutes late
and the departing flight left RIGHT on time. That was
about an hour ago, so I'm hoping he's on the plane and on his way home and not
at the airport trying to arrange for another way home.

Here's the
progress I made today (and my scrapbook is now full, I think I'd like to get a
new one for just engagement and wedding stuff, and a new one for our CKU trip):



Journalling on "The Proposal" reads:

It all happened on a Saturday morning. There was a card
class at the shop that I was going to go to. Bevan was driving me
to the shop, and when we got there he helped me carry my stuff inside. I
wanted him to help me pick out some paper for an altered letter I was going to
make him. Carolyn and Michelle were downstairs in the classroom setting up
for class. We all chatted for a few minutes, then Bevan and I were going
to head upstairs to pick out paper. Carolyn told me that she had finished
a couple of new layouts and they were sitting on her desk. So, Bevan and I
went up the stairs and I went right over to the desk. The first layout I
saw was the one Carolyn had been working on the previous day; it was on the
right side of the desk. Then the layout in the middle of the desk caught
my attention. I was in complete shock when I finally realized what it
was!! It was a layout with a picture of Bevan holding a ring box, and up
the side was stamped “Marry Me.” Bevan tells me I said no, no, no a bunch
of times first (I didn’t mean that I didn’t want to marry him, I think I was
just in shock and trying to put all the pieces together!). When I turned
around to look at Bevan, he was on his knee behind me, holding what turned out
to be my engagement ring. He asked me again: “Will you marry me?” and
through my tears I managed to say “Yes”.

No comments: