Monday, July 03, 2006

Forgot these movie and book reviews

Ok, so I've spent a fair amount of time in the past week at the theater and with my face buried in book!!! At the movies I saw:




The Lake House: this was a pretty bad movie. The whole concept is just soooo silly. And you have to concentrate soooo hard to figure out what the heck is going on, it was hard to just enjoy the movie.

Cars: this was a great movie. It was funny. I was pretty tired at the theater and it seemed a little drawn out come the end (maybe because it was soooo predictable as well, but what can you expect from a kids movie). It had some good adult humor parts in it, too.



Nacho Libre: another very funny movie. Not everyone will find this one funny though. It's written by the same people who wrote Napoleon Dynamite and is very similar in it's humor. It's silly funny stuff that I think will get funnier everytime you watch it. I was sooo surprised because Jack Black is in the lead in this movie, and there was not one other actor I have other seen before. Jack Black was as hilarious as always. Can't wait to get this one on DVD.

I also finished a couple of books:

Shopaholic and Sister: another great shopaholic book. I swear that Sophie Kinsella could write a million of these things and I would never get bored of them.

The Devil Wears Prada: this book exceded all my expectations. I was expected it to be good, but it was a great read. I finished it in about a week. I'll have to make another trip to the theater soon to see the movie!!!

No comments: