Sunday, November 27, 2005

One more week!

Well, one more week of work (4 days to be exact) and then I'm officially on vacation until January 3rd!!! I've only taken a couple of weeks worth of vacation for the rest of the year, and with Mel coming home on the 5th I figured it would be great to have the whole month of December off to catch up with her, catch up on my sleep, catch up with my scrapbooking!! I'm pretty excited. I feel like I'm following in my father's footsteps!! For quite a few years now he's been taking the entire month of December off. I always wondered what the appeal was. For me it's never really Christmas until I'm done of work or school though. So for the past few years it hasn't seemed like Christmas until December 23rd. This year I get to be excited for a whole month!!!
It's been a fun and interesting weekend. I worked at the scrapbook store on Friday. Then on Friday night Bevan and I went to get some groceries and then stopped at Pizza Delight for yummy desert! I had the brownie skillet (a brownie warmed on a skillet in the oven, topped with french vanilla ice cream and whipped cream, YUM!!) and Bevan had the apple skillet (the same as above with apple crisp instead of a brownie.)
On Saturday, Carolyn had a Christmas open house at the scrapbook store. It was loads of fun, lots of people stopped by to make cards and tags and take advantage of a great sale!! We had apple cider and coffee and cookies. Then I went to Pizza Delight with Carolyn and Michelle for lunch. I should own shares in that place!! On Saturday afternoon, Bevan and I went to Charlottetown. I got some ideas for Christmas gifts and I bought a sweet Napolean Dynamite talking keychain. I had every intention to give it to someone as a gift, but then decided no one else could possibly enjoy it as much as I do!!
At 5 this morning Bevan and I were both wide awake for some strange reason. We got up, got a drink, went back to bed and put the Elf DVD in. I totally forgot how much I loved that movie. It's definetly a holiday favorite. Today (Sunday) I got up and watched my 2 1/2 hours of Coronation Street. Then we put together the new shelf I bought for my scrapbooking room. And this afternoon we went to the grocery store!! Today is the first of 4 Sundays before Christmas when we have Sunday shopping here on PEI. It's great, I wish we had it year round. After that we came home and super cleaned out the fridge and then made homemade pizza. Then we found Babes in Toyland on TV!!! It was one of Mel and my favorite movies when we were young. In case you've never seen it, it has Keanu Reeves, Drew Barrymore and a couple of other relatively unknown actors. It's such a great movie. During the movie we put up some Christmas decorations and made apple cider.
I guess all in all it's been a really good weekend. We were pretty busy and I still have TONS to do before I'm ready to go home. Guess I better go and actually get some stuff done!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I don't remember doing half of that stuff. But, you forgot your banana choco chip muffins. yum. And the new neighbors you spied on....and how snazzy I looked on Saturday.