Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Back from CKU and NYC




Well, I've really slacked off on this blog thing for the last couple of months. I guess I'll blame it on being busy with Close to my Heart gatherings and getting ready for CKU. But now I'm back and I just want to share!! First of all, I can't tell you what a GREAT trip I had. My first time flying went well. Flying into NYC was awesome. We flew right over Manhattan - wow!!! Got to the Westin in Stamford, CT. CKU was a whirlwind of activity. I've never done soooo much scrapbooking in such a short period of time. I've come home with soooo many incomplete projects, guess I have lots to work on in the coming months!! We went to NYC on Sunday morning. Our hotel was RIGHT in the middle of Times Square (we stayed at the Double Tree). And we lucked out because most of 7th Avenue was blocked off for a street market. All of the vendors were there selling scarves, purses, souveniers. It was perfect. Then we went to lunch at Planet Hollywood. We walked around and saw Radio City Music Hall, Rockafeller Center, Trump Tower, and Tiffany's (yes, we actually went inside!!). Then we took a cab to Ground Zero. We had a great cab driver who was a great tour guide. Next we went back to the hotel and then out to supper at Tavern on the Green. Then it was off to Stomp. What a great show. We were in the second row, and was it ever dusty there!! Then back to Times Square to take in the night sights!! I guess I'll post more over the next couple of days, off to work now!!

No comments: