Monday, April 10, 2006

I'm Engaged!!



Sorry, long time since I posted again, but this time I have wonderful, exciting news to share - I'm Engaged!! It all happened on Saturday, April 8th. I was going to a card class at the scrapbook store, and was going to be there for 9:00. Bevan drove me over so that he could keep the car. He helped me carry my stuff inside, then he was going to come upstairs with me to help me pick out paper for something I was going to make for him. Carolyn told me she had been working on a couple of new layouts and they were on her desk up there. So I headed up the stairs to see them with Bevan right behind me. The first layout that caught my eye was the one she had been working on the day before. Then I looked at the next one:
I was soooooo shocked. I had nooooo idea. I remember repeating "Oh My God" a number of times, and Bevan tells me that at one point I said something with the word no in it, which he was nervous might be my answer to his question. I was soooo nervous to turn around to see him. When I did finally turn around he was down on one knee on the floor behind me with the ring box open in his hand!! I get butterflies every single time I think about it!!! I remember him asking me, and I can't remember if I answered right away, I think I may have been in shock!!, but I eventually said "yes". He put the ring on my finger. Carolyn and Michelle were there with cameras. They knew the night before, because Bevan had to drop the layout off at the shop. They had gotten us a beautiful flower arrangement and an engagement card and a few bridal magazines. It was such a great day. I will never, ever forget it. That night we went to Charlottetown to go out for dinner. We went to the Selkirk at the Delta and had their pasta buffet (yummy). I've pretty much been on Cloud 9 ever since, and I just can't stop looking at my ring!! It is a tiny bit too big, so it will have to be sized, and I'm dreading going without it for any length of time!!

3 comments:

Monica said...

What a beautiful story!! I had goosebumps reading it! Congratulations!!

Blessed Ladybug said...

what a very nice story.. did he make that page wow, that great... congrats again...

Debi said...

WoW! What a sweetheart you have there! He sounds like a keeper! CONGRATS!