Sunday, April 02, 2006

Another great scrapbooking weekend.

Well, 2 weekends in a row, we stayed here in Summerside, didn't have to go anywhere, had nothing we had to do, it's been great!! I got to scrapbook as much as I wanted. I've come to a realization. I really have a preference for pages with just one picture. For example, here is the first page I did this weekend.

It has one picture. I like one picture. I must admit, this is a very different page for me. I'm not sure I'm crazy about it, but I do like it. So, next I decided to work on scrapbooking some pictures from our trip to CKU and NYC and some pictures I had of Frankie and Abby playing when we were home a couple of weeks ago. I went into my book of scraps at Two Peas to get inspiration for a page with 3 or 4 pictures, and there were none there!! All of the pages that I've saved because I like them were 1 picture layouts. So I went looking in a some magazines, and came up with this:


I'm really happy with it, but this picture doesn't really do it justice. I really have to learn to scan and stitch my layouts. I'm having a great time with the scrapbooking, and I'm not done yet, it's only 1 pm on Sunday, I still have hours. This time change is really messing me up though!!

Bevan and I went to see "Inside Man" last night. It was a pretty good movie, but not excellent. Jodie Foster's character bothered me, she kind of just added more confusion to the movie. Denzel Washington was pretty much the same as he is in every movie. Clive Owen was great. I've really liked him ever since I saw him in "Derailed." Bevan's review of Inside Man really sums it up well, check it out.

In other news, the weather has been really great lately, with the exception of last night and today, when it rained. It's been around 10 degrees. We broke out the BBQ for the first time this year on Wednesday. We had BBQ'd pork chops with rice and I had some veggies. Here are some pictures of our first bbq this year:


Thanks to my bbq genius (yes, that's you Bevan), it was a fantastic meal. I'm hoping for a repeat performance with today's supper of chicken and ribs - I'll let you know how it went. Now that the bbq has been used once, we'll be using it quite a bit hopefully. I'm just remembering how my parents had bought us that bbq when we first moved to PEI. They brought it over in the moving truck without us knowing, and set it up and surprised us - it was great. Gotta love surprises!!!

No comments: