Monday, March 06, 2006

Party Weekend




Well, we went to Sussex this past Saturday for my uncle Garfield's surprise 40th birthday party. His birthday is actually March 9th (the same day as my mom's 50th!!). So at around lunch time on Saturday we headed out for New Brunswick. We stopped at Payless here in Summerside first, where I bought some great sneakers. Then we were on the road. We stopped at the Champlain Mall in Moncton first. It was pretty busy there, or it seemed busy to us anyways, but I guess when you haven't been to a real mall in months, it's gonna seem busy regardless. That's one bad thing about living here on PEI, really crappy malls!! So, we only bought a few things in Moncton. I got some Olive Oil Body Butter at The Body Shop, I love that place!! We don't have one here on the island, so I really stock up when I get there!! We left the mall to head for Sussex. Well, we got slightly lost, had to stop to ask for directions at a Petro Canada, and took twice as long to get there as we should have, but we made it. We got to Garfield and Kathy's house and waited with everyone else for Garfield, Kathy and the kids to get back from the movies. We surprised him when they walked in, and the party began. It was lots of fun. Mom just got back on from a vacation in Mexico, and she brought Melanie and I some sombreros, which go modelled by many people throughout the evening. Frankie had a great time, but passed out before the night was over. I've posted some pictures of the festivities here. All in all it was a good weekend. Garfield got quite a shock when we all yelled "surprise", even though I think he was suspicious about the party. I think Bevan had a good time, too, although he did have an unfortunate run in with a cat named Slate. You can read about it here. Check it out, it's a pretty funny story.

No comments: