Monday, September 04, 2006

Hurricane Frankie has passed through without incident!!

I guess to fully understand this part of the post, you should probably first read Mel's blog from a couple of days ago. So, Mel, Mom, Dad and Frankie came to visit this weekend, and I was just wondering what would get chewed, eaten, or peed on.(is that spelled right, I don't often spell that one in the past tense!!!) Well, I'm happy to report that everything is just as it was before she arrived. She was a very well behaved puppy, and even if she wasn't I'd still love her, because she's just soooo darn cute!! Frankie had her first shopping trip to Old Navy while she was here. She's now the proud owner of a green jacket that matches Melanie's green Old Navy jacket surprisingly well (I'll post a picture of them when I get one!!) They let us take her into the store to try the jacket on her to make sure it fit.

The rest of our weekend consisted of:


1. Eating Mussels: see previous post for details. After this weekend I've tried 10 of the 21 varieties. I've tried rating them, but I've come to a conclusion that they're all delicious.

2. Eating a Deep Fried Mars Bar at the Frosty Treat in Kensington. Yes, that is an actual Mars Bar, dipped in batter and deep fried, then covered with ice cream, hot fudge and peanuts; ie: heart attack in a dish. But oh my, are they delicious. Mel and I behaved ourselves and shared one.



So, all in all, we ate a lot!! Way tooo much. So I guess I better make my return to the gym tomorrow after my weekend hiatus. Saw a link to this on Bevan's Blog and thought maybe I'd try it when I go:

I think it's pretty hilarious and amazing.

So, with that I'm going to wrap up my 78th post. I know, that's pretty pathetic for an entire year of blogging. In my defense, however, I've never kept any other kind of a journal for nearly this long, so I'm quite happy with myself. I just looked back on my posts from early September last year and it's so interesting to compare last year to this year. For example, gas prices right now are 1.009/litre, compared to 1.30 last year. (although this is still a pretty unstable thing, they seem like they could shoot up again at any time). Last year was cool in early September, and this year it has been cold since almost the beginning of August. It's been a very different summer this year with Bevan working for Special Olympics rather than Rainbow Valley. He's had weekends off and we were home waaaay more often (which was much harder on the pocket book now that it costs us $59 to go across on the ferry, or $64 if we buy an assured loading pass). My resolution for year 2 of blogging: to post more often.

No comments: