Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy 2006!!

Just wanted to say Happy New Year. It's been a while since I posted again, but it's been busy. Christmas is sooooo busy. No time to enjoy things, too busy buying those last minute gifts!! Although it was very busy, it was great. I got soooo much stuff. Let's just say it was a good thing that Bevan and I both had our cars at home!! My car was full with Christmas stuff. I got a new set of pots and new dishes. I got a sewing machine and some scrapbooking stuff and a new Columbia jacket. They also got me Seasons 6 through 10 of "Friends" on DVD and "Lost" Season 1 on DVDPlus lots and lots of other stuff from my parents. Mel gave me a great French Press and a scrapbookable travel coffee mug (I must say, this is the perfect gift for me!!) Bevan gave me soooo much good stuff. He always manages to know just what to get me!! He gave me Super Mario Dance Dance Revolution (which is waaaay too much fun!!). He got me some distress inks, some prima flowers in cute little bottles, a stamp, and a great K & Company scrapbook. Bevan also got me "The Wizard of Oz" collectors edition, and the Adventures in Babysitting DVD. There was more too, but way too much to list. All in all, it was a good Christmas. Frankie had a great first Christmas and really enjoyed opening her Christmas presents, which she managed to sniff out quite well.
Bevan and I headed back to PEI on Friday (the 30th). The weather was warm, so we knew we wouldn't hit any snow and decided it would be the best day to head back. We've been here for 3 days now and our house is very slowly getting put in order. We had to buy a new shelf to house our DVD collection. For New Years we had a wonderful, relaxing, quiet evening.
Today my goal was to start simplifying. I have sooooo much crap that has to be weeded through. We already have a half of a garbage bag of papers to be recycled. I have about half of the laundry done. I've yet to get to the scrapbooking room, and that is quite a job in itself. I would love to get it all done before tomorrow so I can enjoy my last day of my month long vacation, but that's probably wishful thinking. I'm trying to stay optimistic though!! Anyways, I'm not really getting anything done while I sit here typing, so I'm going to get off my butt and get back to work. Pictures to follow soon!!

No comments: