Thursday, June 01, 2006

Books, Books, Books

Well, I must admit, reading hasn't been high on my list of priorities lately. Reading seems to be one of those things I do in spurts. If I'm really into a good book, I do nothing but read for days. Lately, I've been really into scrapbooking, so reading has taken a backseat. I do kind of have 2 books on the go however:


  • I'm just under half way through "The Way the Crow Flies" by Ann-Marie MacDonald. I read "Fall on Your Knees" by the same author and thought it was great. I've had a slightly harder time getting into this one, but I refuse to give up on it!

  • I've just started "Shopaholic and Sister" by Sophie Kinsella. I'm really only a couple of pages into this one, but there is no doubt in my mind it will be a great book. I've read all of the other books from the shopaholic series. If you haven't read them, check them out, they are among the best books I've ever read.

There are soooo many books I've read in the past that I would highly recommend:

  • Anything from the "Harry Potter" series.
  • "She's Come Undone" and "I Know This Much is True" by Wally Lamb. These were both Oprahs Book Club selections in the past.
  • "Summer Sisters" by Judy Blume. Yes, I believe she is a childrens author, but this book was written for an older audience. It has a couple of weird parts, but what book doesn't? It was great - a great summer read.
  • "Angels and Demons" and "The DaVinci Code" by Dan Brown. Two more really great books.

I do hope to tackle "Memoirs of a Geisha" as soon as I get a chance. I hear it's pretty good as well. Please post any other suggestions for great books in the comments section, I'd love to check them out!!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

I read DaVinci and am now half-way thru Angels and Demons...love them both! The other books I have borrowed from my daughter are the Georgia Nicholson books by Louise Rennison (link on my Creative Chaos page). They are hilarious, a quick read and there are about 7 or so in the series so far. Enjoyed your blog!